Lee Abbey can host your church weekend or church away day — or you can bring a smaller group on almost any of the conferences in our programme.
A great church weekend away can really unite and build a church fellowship, and the Lee Abbey Community has many years’ experience of putting together a wonderful time for all ages. We’ll help make it low-stress, renewing and uplifting for you all.
We provide …
- a ministry team to host your church weekend
- a Lee Abbey speaker if you book the whole House
- a programme of activities and entertainment
- creative worship using a range of media
- workshops on a range of themes
- lively youth and children’s ministry
- pastoral care including prayer for individuals
- great accommodation and facilities
- all your meals, teas and coffees.
Up to 103 people can stay in the House, in 57 bedrooms:
- 18 single rooms (10 of which have an en-suite toilet and shower)
- 15 double rooms (9 en suite)
- 16 twin rooms (13 en suite)
- 5 triple rooms (2 en suite)
- 1 family room (one double and one single bed)
- 2 quad rooms (both en suite, one double and two single beds in each)
A few of the rooms can also take a cot or camp bed for an extra family member.
In some cases, churches can book The Beacon Outdoor Activity Centre as well as the House (150 beds in total). Please ask us for more details.
There are also self-catering units a short distance away, which offer full programme access but exclude meals in the Dining Room.
We have a framework for the programme, but we welcome the opportunity to tailor group weekends to the needs and requests of your group where possible, especially if you book the entire House. The best weekends are discussed and planned together by the local team and the Lee Abbey team beforehand.
Speaker and worship
Members of the Lee Abbey Chaplaincy team are delighted to speak at your weekend. If you are booking the whole House, you are also welcome to arrange your own guest speaker, but please check with the Warden first on 01598 754200. Our Worship Team will also arrange worship for your weekend, usually at the Friday night Welcome session and on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Visiting pastoral helpers give their services to Lee Abbey, and so there are usually two people here specifically to chat with, listen to and pray with guests. This is not a counselling service, but many people find it helpful to have half an hour with a sympathetic but impartial person. We also offer prayer ministry on Sunday mornings and often receive words and pictures from God which are encouraging to our guests.
Youth and children
We offer a youth and children’s programme for 0 to 16s alongside the adult programme. Please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on what we can offer during your stay.