1. Who we are
We are Lee Abbey Fellowship, a private limited company by guarantee (“We”). Our registered office address is Lee Abbey, Lynton, Devon, EX35 6JJ, company number 04428897. We are a registered charity, registered number 1094097.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy together with the following documents set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us:
- Lee Abbey Friends enrolment form
- Donation form
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
When you do the following you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy:
- Visit our website
- Make a booking with us
- Make a purchase from our online shop
- Ask to become a Lee Abbey Friend
- Make a donation
- Ask to leave a legacy to us in your will.
The data controller is Lee Abbey Fellowship of Lee Abbey, Lynton, Devon, EX35 6JJ.
References in this privacy notice to the Act are to the Data Protection Act 1998 and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) as amended.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is David Halsey.
2. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site [leeabbeydevon.org.uk] (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, make a booking, search for a booking or product, place an order on our site, participate in social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you provide information to another company in our group, use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We will share that data internally and combine it with data collected on this site for the purpose of providing our services to you. We are working closely with the following third parties:
- other companies within our group
- sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services
- analytics providers and search information providers.
4. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit other members of our group to provide you, with information about us, our activities, fundraising and services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer or Lee Abbey Friend, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
5. Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any subsidiary or holding company of our group as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
6. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to us at our registered office address or via the contact us form on our website.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our group and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.