The Lee Abbey Mission Team recently returned from the area of St Catwg (Crickhowell), which is part of the Usk Valley, and up as far as Brynmawr.
The ten churches in the ministry area ran Mission Together 2018 with a team from Lee Abbey for ten days, 10-20th May 2018, Ascension Day to Pentecost Sunday. As part of this mission, a 7-day prayer guide booklet was shared as a resource for people with no church connection to discover more out about God.
The team provided support by joining in with prayer meetings and services, local community work, school assemblies, residential homes, youth groups, coffee mornings, and toddler groups. At these events, the team was involved through sharing testimonies, prayers, drama, and preaching.
- 10 May: Launch of Mission Together 2018: Ascension Eucharist service at Brynmawr Church with Rev. John Davies Archbishop of Wales. Members of all local churches will be in attendance.
- 11 May: Joining with Open the Book Team to lead an assembly at Llangattock School.
- 12 May: Hosting a Ceilidh in the town centre as a community outreach.
- 13 May: Joining services throughout Crickhowell Parish.
- 15 May: Joining local parish teams visiting Blaen-y-Cwm and Crickhowell Primary Schools.
- 17 May: Joining local parish teams visiting Gilwern and Brynmawr Schools.
- 17 May: Meeting youth group in Crickhowell Parish Hall.
- 18 May: Joining local parish teams visiting Llanbedr School.
- 18 May: Visiting the residents of Oaklands Residential Home.
- 19 May: Visiting the residents of Greenhill Residential Home and attending the Market Hall in Crickhowell in celebration of the Royal Wedding.
- 20 May: Attending Thanksgiving Service at Tretower.