The Lee Abbey Mission Team recently returned from the area of St Catwg (Crickhowell), which is part of the Usk Valley, and up as far as Brynmawr.
The ten churches in the ministry area ran Mission Together 2018 with a team from Lee Abbey for ten days, 10-20th May 2018, Ascension Day to Pentecost Sunday. As part of this mission, a 7-day prayer guide booklet was shared as a resource for people with no church connection to discover more out about God.
The team provided support by joining in with prayer meetings and services, local community work, school assemblies, residential homes, youth groups, coffee mornings, and toddler groups. At these events, the team was involved through sharing testimonies, prayers, drama, and preaching. Some highlights from the team include the conversations with the students from youth group, the amazing hospitality from our hosts, and leading the Confirmation Class and helping host the prayer spaces event for children in a Brynmawr school. Please scroll down to see photos from our trip!
- 10 May: Launch of Mission Together 2018: Ascension Eucharist service at Brynmawr Church with Rev. John Davies Archbishop of Wales. Members of all local churches in attendance.
- 11 May: Joined with Open the Book Team to lead an assembly at Llangattock School.
- 12 May: Hosted a Ceilidh in the town centre as a community outreach.
- 13 May: Joined services throughout Crickhowell Parish.
- 15 May: Joined local parish teams visiting Blaen-y-Cwm and Crickhowell Primary Schools.
- 17 May: Joined local parish teams visiting Gilwern and Brynmawr Schools.
- 17 May: Met the youth group in Crickhowell Parish Hall.
- 18 May: Joined local parish teams visiting Llanbedr School.
- 18 May: Visited the residents of Oaklands Residential Home.
- 19 May: Visited the residents of Greenhill Residential Home and attending the Market Hall in Crickhowell in celebration of the Royal Wedding.
- 20 May: Attended the Thanksgiving Service at Tretower.