You can choose whether to camp dorm-style or pitch your own tent.
We put up the tent, you bring your bedding. These are single sex shared tents, up to 6 people per tent.
You can pitch your own tent, for just yourself or to share.
- Small pitch (1-2 person tents)
- Large pitch (3-6 person tents – please no larger than this)
Prices and payment
The quoted prices are per person and full board for the duration of the stay. All fees are subject to change. Prices include VAT where applicable. If the VAT rate changes, we reserve the right to alter our prices to reflect that change.
We require a non-refundable deposit of £25.00 per person at the time of booking (additional charges apply for coach travel to site if you’ve requested it and are coming for the whole camp), or full fees if booking one month prior to arrival. You will be required to pay the outstanding balance a month before arrival.
The Field rules
The Field is led by a team of men and women whose aim is to provide everything necessary for an enjoyable camping holiday. There are simple guidelines for time on The Field:
- No alcohol or illegal drugs. (No ‘legal highs’ either!)
- No knives over the UK legal limit allowed (the legal limit is ‘a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, e.g. a Swiss Army knife’).
- The cliffs are dangerous, therefore no cliff climbing.
- Anyone breaking these rules, or endangering themselves or others on The Field may be asked to leave.
Arrivals and departures
Campers can arrive from noon on the first day of camp, and need to leave by noon at the end. If you know you are going to be delayed and unable to reach the camp before 10.00 pm, please telephone Lee Abbey on 01598 752621 to let us know. There is no direct telephone link with the camp, but a message will be passed on to the camp leaders when received.
The coach will leave Taunton railway station at 2.00 pm on the first day, and return in time for 2.00 pm on the last day of The Field. (You must pre-book your spot on the coach.)
If you have chosen a dorm-style tent, we will provide tents and ground sheets only. Each dorm tent will be single-sex and you will be sharing with up to five other campers. You will need to bring all your own equipment as detailed in the Kit List.
The weather varies a lot, so please bring what you need for sun, rain, hot and cold! Also…
- Spending money
- Wash stuff
- Sports clothes (if that’s your thing)
- Walking gear and shoes
- Smart(ish) clothes for ‘party night’
- Fancy dress for Podex. You can either make things on the field or bring something with you
- Thick sleeping bag (and maybe an extra blanket)
- Rollmat or airbed with pump
- Hot water bottle (optional)
You can receive personal snail mail while on The Field — probably more reliably than emails! Please get your friends and family to put your full name and “The Field” as well as the Lee Abbey address – Lynton, North Devon, EX35 6JJ.
Refunds and cancellations
If you wish to cancel your booking, we may refund a proportion of the fees payable by you. The amount we refund depends on how soon we receive your request to cancel prior to the date your booking was due to start. The amount we retain represents the reasonable cost to us of a cancelled booking.
- Earlier than 1 month before your booking starts — loss of deposit
- Between 1 month and two weeks before your booking starts – we will refund 50% of the fees paid to us
- Between 2 weeks and 1 week before your booking starts — we will refund 25% of the fees paid to us
- Cancellation later than 1 week before your booking starts — no refund.