I recommend Streams of Living Water everywhere I go. My own personal copy is dog-eared, underlined and annotated by hand. Anyone with a heart for Christian unity should read and celebrate the message of this book. I consider it to be a seminal title for our time’ – Pete Greig
In this landmark work, Richard Foster examines the ‘streams of living water’ – the six dimensions of faith and practice – that have defined Christian tradition around the world and down the centuries. In this inspiring book he looks at:
- the Contemplative tradition – or the prayer-filled life
- the Holiness tradition – or the virtuous life
- the Charismatic tradition – or the Spirit-empowered life
- the Social Justice tradition – or the compassionate life
- the Evangelical tradition – or the word-centred life
- the Incarnational tradition – or the sacramental life
Foster’s celebration of the spiritual life incorporates history’s most significant Christian figures and movements and argues for a rich, well-rounded faith, free of constricting labels.
‘A book that will make you adore God’ – Dallas Willard
About – Richard J. Foster
Richard J. Foster is the author of several bestselling books, including Celebration of Discipline, Streams of Living Water, and Prayer, which was Christianity Today’s Book of the Year and the winner of the Gold Medallion Award from the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association. He is the founder of Renovaré, an intrachurch movement committed to the renewal of the Church in all her multifaceted expressions, and the editor of The Renovaré Spiritual Formation Bible.